1 rack of lamb, trimmed
2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
½ tablespoon chopped mint
½ tablespoon chopped parsley
½ tablespoon chopped thyme
50g unsalted butter
1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
1) Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius/gas mark 7/425 F
2) Trim off the fat from the rack of lamb
3) Mix together the mustard, breadcrumbs, chopped herbs and butter. Season to taste. Press a layer of the mixture over the skinned side of the lamb and chill for 30 minutes.
4) With the crust side up, place in a roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes for pink, medium rare lamb. If you prefer well cooked lamb, keep in the oven for longer.
5) Serve with the butter and juices from the roasting pan
Serving suggestions - Creamy potato mash or roast potatoes and a side of roast vegetables.
If you have time, put the crust on the lamb and place in the fridge overnight.